Monday, July 29, 2013

OMG Moments We All Experienced From Television

So I recently got into New Girl. And naturally, by got into, I mean, became obsessed with. Seriously, Sister and I watched season 1 in 10 days and season 2 in 6 days. WATCH IT IT'S SO GOOD! The Season 2 finale ended with Nick and Jess getting together, resulting in me happily exclaiming at my tv: THEY UNCALLED IT!



So, in honor of this moment I decided to look back at other such moments, that caused me to exclaim in happiness at my television. (Spoilers from Friends, Pretty Little Liars, Downton Abbey, Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie and The Office) Let us begin:

1. SHE GOT OFF THE PLANE!- Friends, The Last One

  • Everyone better know what I'm referring to here. I'll never forget the excitement I felt when Rachel uttered those wonderful words at Ross in the last few minutes of the Friends finale. (Side note, I also won $2 in a bet with my Dad over this). We all knew she was going to get off the plane, but it did not stop America from rejoicing when she did (Seriously the finale monopolized conversation the entire next day in my 7th grade class). Bravo, Friends, once again. 
2. HE WAS TRYING TO PROTECT HER ALL ALONG!- Pretty Little Liars, UnmAsked
  • How many of us were jacked when Toby admitted he wasn't actually bad and joined the A team to protect Spencer? That's right, EVERYONE! Then they spend the whole rest of the episode making up in a hotel room. Le sigh, all is right with the world again. 

3. FREAKIN BATES IS RELEASED FROM PRISON!- Downton Abbey, 3x07
  • There is a God. After multiple years of gettting sh*t on by Julian Fellowes, Anna and Bates finally obtain happiness when he gets released from prison. The most adorable man in the world is free, people, we can go on being happy. 

4. LUKE AND LORELAI ARE BANTERING AGAIN!- Gilmore Girls, It's Just Like Riding A Bike
  • Don't even get me started on how pissed I was when Lorelai slept with/dated/married Christopher. Seriously, I am still in the bitter barn about it. But, words cannot describe how thrilled I was after she divorced Chris and started frequenting Luke's Diner again. It was awkward at first, but they pushed through it and began argue/bantering like only Luke and Lorelai can. We'd been waiting all season for this, and it was so worth it. 

5. SHE ASKED HIM TO BE HER BOYFRIEND!- Hart of Dixie, Blue Christmas
  • Love Zoe and Wade. Love, love, love. I frequently compare them to Luke and Lorelai (similar banter and cuteness- see other blog post for more details). So I was of course pumped when in the Christmas episode last year Zoe asked Wade to be her boyfriend and he accepted and we got this: (swoon). 

6. SHE'S FREE FOR DINNER TONIGHT!- The Office, The Job
  • We all knew Jim and Pam were eventually going to get it right. But that didn't prevent me from cheesing hardcore when he finally asked her out. Her expression afterward pretty much says it all. 



Of course there are many more moments when I shouted happy things at my television. I'm only human after all. But I will leave you with these today, in the hopes that it will inspire you to watch all of these shows. Because you should. Because they rock.

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment